DHEA from Premier Research, contains DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) that has been synthesized from wild yam as the starting material. During a proprietary laboratory process, the compound diosgenin is extracted from wild yam (dioscorea) which is then used to synthesize DHEA. The body is unable to metabolize wild yam directly into DHEA. A multi step laboratory process is needed to convert wild yam into the final compound, DHEA.
DHEA is a hormone naturally secreted by the adrenal glands and is the most abundant adrenal steroid hormone in the body. DHEA travels throughout the body where it is converted into androgens, estrogens and other hormones. Plasma levels of DHEA gradually decline with age. Studies suggest that DHEA provides beneficial support for healthy aging, sense of well being (mood) and hormone levels.
- This natural-source DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) is derived from wild yams (solvent-free) - not synthetic source.
- DHEA is a hormone secreted mainly by the adrenal glands; peaks by mid-20s and gradually declines with age.
- DHEA may boost cognitive function, support adrenal insufficiency, help with weight control, boost immunity, bone and muscle strength.
- DHEA may help balance and boost libido.
- DHEA can be vital for overall health and wellness.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this or any product. Keep out of the reach of children.
Premier DHEA contains the following:
- Supplement Facts: Serving Size 1 capsule, Servings per Container 60
- DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) 25 mg
- Other Ingredients: Stabilized Rice Bran, Vegetable Cellulose Capsule
- This is a Gluten Free product
WARNING: Not for use by individuals under the age of 18 years. Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing. Consult a physician or licensed qualified healthcare professional before using this product if you have, or have a family history of, breast cancer, prostate cancer, prostate enlargement, heard disease, low "good" cholesterol (HDL), or if you are using any other dietary supplements, prescription drug, or over-the-counter drug. Do not exceed recommended serving. Exceeding recommended serving may cause serious adverse health effects. Possible side effects include acne, hair loss, hair growth on the face (in women), aggressiveness, irritability, and increased levels of estrogen. Discontinue use and call a physician or licensed healthcare professional immediately if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, blurred vision, or similar symptoms.
For men: Take 1 capsule, 4 times daily. For women: Take 1 capsule, 2 times daily. As with all hormone products, consult your practitioner prior to use.
Note: The manufacture date is the first six numbers of the lot number on the bottle, it is written year-month-day. The industry standard shelf life is 2 years from the manufacture date, but Premier nitrogen flushes their bottles to remove the oxygen, allowing the product to keep for 2 – 5 years. Oils and probiotics will lose potency faster than herbs or minerals.