Ther-Biotic For Infants, 2.1 oz
Heat Sensitive - overnight shipping recommended (not necessary during winter months). Not recommended for international shipping. Not Returnable.
Ther-Biotic for Infants, 2.1 oz from Klaire Labs
A multi-species probiotic formula to meet the special needs of infants:
Ther-Biotic® For Infants is a high-CFU powder providing 10 billion CFUs per 1/4 teaspoon. Ther-Biotic® For Infants powder can be mixed with expressed breast milk, formula, or solid food at room temperature.
This high-CFU, hypoallergenic blend of 5 Lactobacillus species and 5 Bifidobacterium species is designed to safely meet the metabolic and intestinal support needs of young children up to the age of 2 years. All Lactobacillus species in Ther-Biotic® For Infants produce predominantly L(+)-lactic acid that can be safely metabolized by infants. An infant’s gastrointestinal tract is not fully mature at birth and cannot metabolize the D(-) isomer of lactic acid produced by many lactobacilli. Each species has been selected based on the scientific literature documenting its safety and crucial importance to the normal development of an infant’s gastrointestinal and immune systems. Ther-Biotic® For Infants supports a normal infant microbiota that can be easily disrupted by cesarean section delivery, formula feedings, medications, environmental exposures, or maternal diet.
• L. rhamnosus increases colonic B. breve populations and promotes healthy bifidobacteria diversity in infants. L. rhamnosus is important for the normal maturation of an infant’s immune system.
• L. casei is critical for the proper differentiation of immune dendritic cells as the infant’s immune system learns to distinguish between harmless antigens and toxins and undesirable microorganisms. It increases the number of intestinal cells secreting IgA. L. casei contains enzymes that facilitate break down of milk proteins and polypeptides as well as gluten.
• L. paracasei produces high amounts of L(+)-lactic acid and antagonizes undesirable microorganisms.
• L. gasseri is native to the human gut and normally present in human breast milk. It produces hydrogen peroxide and bateriocins inhibitory to some undesirable microorganisms.
• L. salivarius normally colonizes the intestinal tract, enhances calcium absorption, and promotes normal intestinal barrier function.
Specific Bifidobacterium species are normally predominant in an infant’s gut microbiota and constitute 95% of the anaerobic bacteria cultured from the stool of healthy, breast-fed infants. Bifidobacteria ferment oligosaccharides including those in breast milk, generating vital short-chain fatty acids such as butyrate.
• B. breve promotes growth of B cells in Peyer’s patches in the ileum. It antagonizes some undesirable microorganisms.
• B. infantis is normally found in infants and its presence supports healthy bacterial balance in premature or low birth weight babies.
• B. lactis enhances normal immune function by increasing numbers of total, helper, and activated T cells. It modifies gut microbiota to support immune function and inflammation metabolism, and increases IgA response to toxins.
• B. bifidum suppresses total and allergen-specific IgE secretion.
• B. longum regulates the immune response to respiratory stimuli and inhibits neutrophil elastase, which is important to normal innate immune functions.
Free of the following common allergens: milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat/gluten, corn, yeast, and soybeans. Contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. All ingredients are of the highest quality and purity available. Formulated for the most sensitive individual.
Klaire Labs Ther-Biotic For Infants contains the following:
- Supplement Facts: Serving Size 1/4 Teaspoon (1 gram), Servings Per Container 60
- Probiotic Blend (10+ billion CFUs) 1 g in a base of inulin (derived from chicory root)
- Lactobacillus species 5+ billion CFUs
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
- Lactobacillus casei
- Lactobacillus paracasei
- Lactobacillus gasseri
- Lactobacillus salivarius
- Bifidobacterium species 5+ billion CFUs
- Bifidobacterium infantis
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
- Bifidobacterium longum
- Bifidobacterium breve
- Bifidobacterium lactis
- Other ingredients: None
Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement take 1/4 teaspoon daily or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Do not use if bottle shrink-wrap is broken or missing. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Storage: Refrigerate and keep tightly closed to maintain product potency.
Product ReviewsWrite Review