Methyl CpG by Ortho Molecular is a comprehensive formula that includes targeted amounts of five key nutrients designed to support methylation and homocysteine balance in the body.
- Supports Optimal Methylation and Cardiovascular Health
- Supports Healthy Homocysteine Levels
- Increases Neurotransmitter Production
- Supports Primary Detoxification Pathways
- Promotes DNA Repair
Methylation is a vitamin-requiring biochemical process in the body that is critical for supporting many aspects of mental and physical health including regulating gene expression. Methylation occurs billions of times every second and helps the body to repair DNA on a continual basis. However, when methylation processes in the body slow down, an increase in the breakage of DNA strands can occur. In addition to maintaining DNA repair, methylation reactions help maintain optimal neurotransmitter production, homocysteine balance for cardiovascular health, and the recycling of molecules that are required for detoxification and healthy inflammatory response. Methylation is also required for proper energy metabolism, immune and nerve cell function. Proper methylation can be inhibited by nutrient deficiencies including folate, and B2, B6 and B12. Certain medications such as acetaminophen, aspirin, ibuprofen and oral contraceptives can also deplete blood levels of these crucial B vitamins.
Methyl CpG is a comprehensive formula that includes targeted amounts of five key nutrients designed to aggressively support methylation and homocysteine balance in the body. Methyl CpG provides high-concentration folate as Quatrefolic® - 100% 5-MTHF, the biologically active form, and trimethyl glycine. The formula includes key methylation vitamins B2, B6 and B12 (methylcobalamin). This specific blend of methyl donors promotes DNA repair, homocysteine balance, neurotransmitter production, hormone balance and optimal detoxification.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this or any product. Keep out of the reach of children.
Methyl CpG by Ortho Molecular contains the following:
- Serving Size: 1 Capsule
- Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2 USP) 25 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride USP) 50 mg
- Folate 2,000 (6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic acid glucosamine salt) 2000 mcg
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 1000 mcg
- Betaine (Trimethylglycine) 500 mg
- Other ingredients: Natural Vegetable Capsules, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Stearic Acid, Calcium Silicate, Silicon Dioxide
Recommended Use: 1 capsule per day or as recommended by your health care professional