Vitamin C with Flavonoids by Thorne optimizes the beneficial effects of vitamin C by replicating the way it's found in nature.
Although you might rely on vitamin C only during the winter months, this vitamin can support your overall health every day. Vitamin C has many roles in your body and is linked to impressive health benefits, including immune function, collagen formation, and supporting liver detoxification.
Because vitamin C is a vitamin that the body can’t produce, it must be obtained from the diet or by supplementation.
Thorne’s Vitamin C with Flavonoids contains ascorbic acid and naturally occurring citrus flavonoids. The flavonoids provide greater antioxidant capacity than Vitamin C does alone, thus better scavenging free radicals within the body.
Benefits of Vitamin C with Flavonoids:
- Promotes optimal immune function
- Important in collagen production, which enhances skin, nail, and hair health
- Supports healthy tissue and cartilage formation, a benefit during wound healing and injury repair
- Plays a role in phase I liver detoxification, plus its antioxidant properties help protect against the toxic effects of heavy metals
- Helps increase glutathione, a potent antioxidant necessary for supporting phase II liver detoxification
The benefits of collagen production, its antioxidant status, and immune support make vitamin C an important nutrient for surgery patients to support wound healing.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this or any product. Keep out of the reach of children.
Vitamin C with Flavonoids by Thorne contains the following:
- Serving Size: 1 Capsule
- Servings Per Container: 180
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 500 mg 556%
- Citrus Bioflavonoids 75 mg
- Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Silicon Dioxide
Recommended Use: Take 1 capsule one to three times daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.