Basic Nutrients 2/Day by Thorne is an easy-to-use, complete multi-vitamin/mineral formula that contains key nutrients for foundational support, including heart, brain, nerves, immune, bone, and skin health.
A daily multi-vitamin/mineral supplement is more important than many people realize. Because it can be difficult to consume five daily servings of vegetables and fruits, few of us get all the nutrition we need from our diet. Basic Nutrients 2/Day uses the purest and most absorbable vitamins and minerals – without adding unnecessary additives and preservatives. It provides an excellent nutritional foundation to supplement a healthy diet, all in a convenient two-capsule-a-day protocol.
- Vitamin A to promote eye health, healthy skin, and immune function
- Vitamins C and E and mixed tocopherols to provide antioxidant support for cellular protection
- Vitamin D to promote strong bones and a healthy immune system
- B vitamins to support a healthy heart, blood vessels, and nerves
- Vitamins K1 and K2 to contribute to bone and blood vessel health
- Zinc bisglycinate, a highly absorbable form of zinc, for immune function and skin health
- Chromium to support a healthy blood sugar level
- Plus several other well-absorbed, glycinate minerals
According to a survey published in JAMA Internal Medicine, 32 percent of U.S. adults take a multi-vitamin. The leading reason given was to improve overall health. Groups with a particular risk for nutrient deficiencies and who can benefit from a multi- include teenagers, athletes, the elderly, individuals on a restrictive diet, those who have a chronic disease, and individuals taking medications that cause nutrient deficiencies as a side effect.
A good multi-vitamin/mineral supplement could be considered "dietary insurance" to be certain all essential nutrients are consumed daily. Even greater health benefits can be realized when a healthy diet is combined with a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this or any product. Keep out of the reach of children.
Basic Nutrients 2/Day® by Thorne contains the following:
- Serving Size: 2 capsules
- Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving And Daily Value:
- Vitamin A (450 mcg from Beta Carotene and 600 mcg as Palmitate) 1.05 mg 117%
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 250 mg 278%
- Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) (2,000 IU) 50 mcg 250%
- Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acid Succinate) 16.5 mg 110%
- Vitamin K (200 mcg as Vitamin K1 and 200 mcg as Vitamin K2 as MK-4) 400 mcg 333%
- Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 50 mg 4,167%
- Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 12 mg 923%
- Niacin (as Niacinamide) 80 mg 500%
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 20 mg 1,176%
- Folate (400 mcg as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate* from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt) 680 mcg DFE 167%
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 600 mcg 25,000%
- Biotin 500 mcg 1,667%
- Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 45 mg 900%
- Calcium (as TRAACS® Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate)** 30 mg 4%
- Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 75 mcg 50%
- Magnesium (as TRAACS® Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate)** 20 mg 5%
- Zinc (as TRAACS® Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate)** 15 mg 136%
- Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) 200 mcg 364%
- Copper (as TRAACS® Copper Bisglycinate Chelate)** 750 mcg 83%
- Manganese (as TRAACS® Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate)** 3 mg 130%
- Chromium (as TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate)** 400 mcg 1,143%
- d-Gamma Tocopherol (from Mixed Tocopherols) 24 mg
- Boron (as Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex)*** 2 mg
- Lutein (from Aztec Marigold extract (flower) (Tagetes erecta)) 140 mcg
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Calcium Laurate, Silicon Dioxide.
Gamma tocopherol does not have a recognized IU equivalent.
†This product uses Gnosis S.p.A.'s L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt (Quatrefolic®). Quatrefolic is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A. ††This product uses Albion's TRAACS® CalciumBisglycinate Chelate, Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate, Copper Bisglycinate Chelate, Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate, Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate, Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate, and Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate. TRAACS is a registered trademark of Albion International, Inc. †††This product uses Albion's Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex. Bororganic is a trademark of Albion International, Inc.
Take 2 capsules daily or as recommended by your health professional.