Basic Nutrients 2/Day by Thorne is an easy-to-use daily multi-vitamin/mineral supplement for everyone. Basic Nutrients 2/Day is a comprehensive formula designed for optimal absorption. It supports high-performance nutrition programs.
Thorne's Basic Nutrients 2/Day is NSF Certified for Sport®. A multi-vitamin/mineral supplement is more important than many people realize. Because of the state of the current food supply and the difficulty of consuming five servings of vegetables and fruits every day, few of us get all the nutrition that we need from food. Basic Nutrients 2/Day is a complete multi-vitamin/mineral formula that provides an excellent nutritional foundation to supplement a healthy diet.
Per serving, it features 2,000 IU of vitamin D3 and 400 mcg of vitamin K (in K1 and K2 forms), plus mixed tocopherols, bioactive B vitamins, and amino acid-chelated minerals. Support for taking a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement ("multi") is widespread. According to a 2013 survey of 12,000 individuals published in JAMA Internal Medicine, 32 percent of U.S. adults take a multi. The leading reason given was to improve overall health.Groups who have a particular risk for a nutrient deficiency and who might benefit from a multi include teenagers, athletes, the elderly, individuals on a restrictive diet, those who have a chronic disease, and individuals taking medications that cause nutrient deficiencies as a side effect.
A joint statement issued by the American College of Sports Medicine, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and the Dietitians of Canada is particularly noteworthy for individuals involved in athletic activities: "Supplements may be required by athletes who restrict energy intakes, use severe weight loss practices, eliminate one or more food groups from their diet, or consume high-carbohydrate diets with low micronutrient density." A good multi-vitamin/mineral supplement could be considered "dietary insurance" to be certain all essential nutrients are consumed daily. Even greater health benefits can be realized when a healthy diet is combined with a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement.
Because an athlete needs to know that his or her supplements are trustworthy and compliant, every batch of an NSF Certified for Sport® product is tested for compliance with label claims and to ensure the absence of more than 200 substances banned by many major athletic organizations, including stimulants, narcotics, steroids, diuretics, beta-2 agonists, and masking agents.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this or any product. Keep out of the reach of children.
Basic Nutrients 2/Day by Thorne contains the following:
Two Capsules Contain:
- Vitamin A (450 mcg from Beta Carotene and 600 mcg as Palmitate) 1.05 mg
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 250 mg
- Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) (2,000 IU) 50 mcg
- Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acid Succinate) 16.5 mg
- Vitamin K (200 mcg as Vitamin K1 and 200 mcg as Vitamin K2 as MK-4) 400 mcg
- Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 50 mg
- Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 12 mg
- Niacin (as Niacinamide) 80 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 20 mg
- Folate (400 mcg as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate* from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt) 680 mcg DFE
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 600 mcg
- Biotin 500 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 45 mg
- Calcium (as TRAACS® Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate)** 30 mg
- Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 75 mcg
- Magnesium (as TRAACS® Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate)** 20 mg
- Zinc (as TRAACS® Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate)** 15 mg
- Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) 200 mcg
- Copper (as TRAACS® Copper Bisglycinate Chelate)** 750 mcg
- Manganese (as TRAACS® Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate)** 3 mg
- Chromium (as TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate)** 400 mcg
- Molybdenum (as TRAACS® Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate)** 100 mcg
- d-Gamma Tocopherol (from Mixed Tocopherols) 24 mg
- Boron (as Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex)*** 2 mg
- Lutein (from Aztec Marigold extract (flower) (Tagetes erecta)) 140 mcg
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Calcium Laurate, Silicon Dioxide.
Gamma tocopherol does not have a recognized IU equivalent.
†This product uses Gnosis S.p.A.'s L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt (Quatrefolic®). Quatrefolic is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A. ††This product uses Albion's TRAACS® CalciumBisglycinate Chelate, Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate, Copper Bisglycinate Chelate, Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate, Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate, Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate, and Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate. TRAACS is a registered trademark of Albion International, Inc. †††This product uses Albion's Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex. Bororganic is a trademark of Albion International, Inc.
Take 2 capsules daily or as recommended by your health professional.