Basic Prenatal 90 caps
Basic Prenatal by Thorne is designed to be gentle and effective for women who are trying to conceive, pregnant, or lactating. It contains none of the additives found in mainstream prenatal supplements.
Supplementing with a multi-vitamin/mineral formula before, during, and after pregnancy and while breastfeeding can help produce a healthy baby and benefit the mother. For instance, supplementation with folic acid reduces the risk of having a child with a brain or spinal cord birth defect. Thorne's Basic Prenatal provides the active forms of folate (5-MTHF) and vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) for optimal tissue-ready use. Basic Prenatal also contains well-absorbed iron bisglycinate, which meets a pregnant woman's increased need for iron while being easy on the stomach and non-constipating. Several of Basic Prenatal's ingredients (including vitamin C, vitamin B6, and vitamin K) have been demonstrated to benefit "morning sickness." Basic Prenatal is manufactured with the purest possible ingredients and without the additives and coatings usually found in mainstream prenatal supplements.
Pregnancy is a critical time for optimizing a woman's health and nutrition, important for both for the mother and her baby. Overall nutritional and caloric needs are greatly increased by pregnancy and breastfeeding.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommend folic acid supplementation for all women of childbearing age because the biggest need is during the first trimester, when a woman may not even be aware she is pregnant. A woman who consumes a healthful diet that provides adequate folate can reduce her risk of having a child with a birth defect of the brain or spinal cord. A high-potency multi-vitamin/mineral supplement can sometimes be difficult for a woman to "stomach," particularly during the first trimester of her pregnancy. Therefore, Thorne does not include large amounts of the nutrients commonly known to cause stomach upset. Instead, smaller amounts of these nutrients are included, but in their most tissue-ready and absorbable forms for optimal utilization. Among these are the active forms of several of the B vitamins – pyridoxal 5'-phosphate (vitamin B6), riboflavin 5'-phosphate (vitamin B2), L-5-MTHF (active form of folate), and methylcobalamin (vitamin B12). Because calcium in a large amount can also cause stomach upset, a moderate amount in the highly absorbable citrate and malate forms is used. Additional calcium and magnesium can be supplemented as indicated.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this or any product. Keep out of the reach of children.
Basic Prenatal by Thorne contains the following:
Three Capsules Contain:
- Vitamin A (450 mcg from Beta Carotene and 600 mcg as Palmitate) 1.05 mg
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 150 mg.
- Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) (1,000 IU) 25 mcg.
- Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl) 33.5 mg.
- Vitamin K (as Vitamin K1) 100 mcg.
- Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 5 mg.
- Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 5 mg.
- Niacin (as Niacinamide) 30 mg.
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 12 mg.
- Folate (1 mg as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate* from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt 1.7 mg. DFE
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 200 mcg.
- Biotin 50 mcg.
- Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Panothenate) 18 mg.
- Calcium (90 mg as Calcium Citrate and 90 mg as Calcium Malate) 180 mg.
- Iron (as Ferrochel® Ferrous Bisglycinate Chelate)** 45 mg.
- Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 150 mcg.
- Magnesium (45 mg as Magnesium Citrate and 45 mg as Magnesium Malate) 90 mg.
- Zinc (as TRAACS® Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate)*** 25 mg.
- Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) 50 mcg.
- Copper (as TRAACS® Copper Bisglycinate Chelate)*** 2 mg.
- Manganese (as TRAACS® Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate)*** 5 mg.
- Chromium (as TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate)*** 100 mcg.
- Molybdenum (as TRAACS® Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate)*** 50 mcg.
- Boron (as Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex)**** 1 mg.
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Calcium Laurate, Silicon Dioxide.
†This product uses Gnosis S.p.A.'s L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt (Quatrefolic®). Quatrefolic is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A. ††This product uses Albion's Ferrochel® Ferrous Bisglycinate chelate. Ferrochel is a registered trademark of Albion International, Inc. †††This product uses Albion's TRAACS® Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate, Copper Bisglycinate Chelate, Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate, Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate, and Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate. TRAACS is a registered trademark of Albion International, Inc. ††††This product uses Albion's Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex. Bororganic is a trademark of Albion International, Inc.
- Take 3 capsules daily or as recommended by your health professional.
Product ReviewsWrite Review