Brain Factors from Thorne can help your brain reach full potential by promoting cognition, learning, and memory function. Stay sharp with Brain Factors, designed to optimize brain health by promoting BDNF, a substance produced by the body that promotes growth of brain and nerve cells, and increasing NAD+, which enhances cellular energy production.
Busy schedules and non-stop activities leave you feeling depleted and distracted. It’s what many describe as brain fog. Thorne’s newest formula helps clear your head with key nutrients that support focus, attention, and mental function. Brain Factors combines a unique coffee fruit extract with our exclusive Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) to support optimal levels of BDNF and NAD+ – two substances in the body that are adversely affected by aging – thereby promoting optimal brain health and cognition to help you stay mentally agile.
- Promotes memory and focus by enhancing the communication between brain cells
- Promotes attention and learning by supporting growth and development of new brain cells
- Supports cognitive health at every age
- Nutritional support for dealing with brain fog in older or over-stressed individuals
What is BDNF and why is it important?
- BDNF – brain-derived neurotrophic factor – is a protein that helps the brain flourish, providing support for brain cells and the nervous system. As we age, the level of BDNF declines, and a low level of BDNF is associated with multiple negative effects of aging.
Coffee fruit extract helps maintain a healthy BDNF level, which:
- Promotes the development and growth of new brain cells
- Supports the communication pathways between nerve cells
- Supports cognitive functions like learning, memory, and focus
- Supports balanced neurotransmitters – natural chemicals that regulate nervous system functions like mood and sleep
Why is NAD+ important for healthy aging?
NAD+ – nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide – is an important coenzyme found in every cell. NAD+ is crucial for supporting numerous metabolic and cellular functions in the body. However, NAD+ declines significantly with age, as well as from excessive stress, which can lead to reduced vitality. NR promotes a healthy level of NAD+, which in turn:
- Promotes healthy aging by helping maintain energy production at the cellular level
- Protects against oxidative stress and the DNA damage that accompanies it
- Supports normal circadian rhythm – the body’s natural sleep-wake cycle
- Helps increase the number and health of mitochondria in cells, thus benefiting mitochondrial metabolism
- Supports cellular repair processes
The added benefits of betaine supports the body’s methylation processes optimize the benefits of N. Betaine (also known as trimethylglycine) is a superior methyl donor in the body – each molecule of betaine supplies three methyl groups. By promoting efficient methylation, the betaine in Thorne’s Brain Factors:
- Supports important cognitive functions in aging adults, like memory and focus
- Enhances optimal metabolism of NAD+
- Helps maintain balanced levels of neurotransmitters in the brain
- Promotes a healthy level of homocysteine in the blood, which supports cognitive and cardiovascular health
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this or any product. Keep out of the reach of children.
Brain Factors by Thorne Contains:
- Serving Size: 1 Capsule
- Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving:
- Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine) 85 mg
- CognatiQ Coffee Fruit extract 100 mg
- Nicotinamide Riboside 415 mg
- Other Ingredients: Hypromellose Capsule, Medium Chain Triglycerides
Take 1 capsule daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.