MediClear-SGS by Thorne is a rice and pea protein supplement with a complete multi-vitamin/mineral profile, additional detoxification cofactors, flavonoid phytosomes, and sulforaphane glucosinolate (SGS).
The liver and other organs of elimination in the body are challenged by environmental and diet-related toxins, as well as the inability of nutrient-deficient vegetables, grains, and fruits to provide all the nutrients that are necessary for detoxification. MediClear-SGS is a low-allergenic rice-and-pea-protein-based supplement that is formulated to support liver and colon detoxification. It offers essential nutrient cofactors and a complete range of vitamins and minerals in their most absorbable, tissue-ready forms. MediClear-SGS offers enhanced liver support by adding sulforaphane glucosinolate (SGS) – a natural substance from the seeds and sprouts of select broccoli varietals. SGS provides effective up-regulation of the body's natural phase II detoxification enzymes, and is an indirect antioxidant that provides long-lasting cell protection from free-radical damage.
Health-care practitioners know that many challenges to health can arise when a patient's liver is not functioning as it should, such as poor digestion, imbalances in intestinal bacteria, and fatigue. MediClear-SGS includes beneficial detoxification nutrient cofactors, as well as an array of extra nutrients and botanicals.
MediClear-SGS also contains curcumin, green tea, and grape seed extracts in phytosome form for enhanced absorption and optimal delivery to the tissues. Phytosomes are specific plant extracts bound to phosphatidylcholine, which greatly increases the absorption and blood levels of the desired botanical constituents.
MediClear-SGS contains the vitamins and minerals that support the liver's detoxification actions. These nutrients are provided in the most absorbable, best utilized forms, pyridoxal 5'-phosphate (active vitamin B6), L-5-MTHF (active folate), methylcobalamin (active vitamin B12), and well-absorbed mineral chelates from Albion Laboratories.
In the liver's phase I detoxification process, harmful and unwanted fat-soluble substances are converted to intermediate metabolites by a group of enzymes called cytochrome p450 enzymes. The intermediate metabolites are often more reactive and potentially more toxic than the original substances. The liver's phase II detoxification process involves the attachment of other molecules onto these intermediate metabolites, which makes them non-toxic and water-soluble, thus allowing their elimination via the urine or intestines.
Rice and pea protein are used in MediClear-SGS because of their low incidence of allergenicity. It is far more likely for dairy or soy protein to initiate an allergic reaction. Using rice and pea proteins facilitates the elimination of most allergenic proteins from the diet, while maintaining high-quality protein intake.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this or any product. Keep out of the reach of children.
MediClear-SGS by Thorne contains the following:
Two Scoops (51.6 g) Contain:
- Calories 170
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Total Carbohydrate 9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2 g
- Sugars 5 g
- Includes 5 g Added Sugars
- Protein 20 g
- Vitamin A (900 mcg as Beta Carotene and 600 mcg as Palmitate) 1.5 mg
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 300 mg
- Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) (400 IU) 10 mcg
- Vitamin E (73.9 mg as d-Alpha Tocopherol and 6.7 mg as d-Alpha Tocopherol from 88.7 mg Mixed Tocopherols) 80.6 mg
- Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 12 mg
- Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5’-Phosphate Sodium) 5 mg
- Niacin (30 mg as Niacinamide and 8 mg as Niacin) 38 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5’-Phosphate) 10 mg
- Folate (300 mcg as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate† from L-5- Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt) 500 mcg DFE
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 50 mcg
- Biotin 150 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 50 mg
- Choline (as Choline Citrate) 11 mg
- Calcium (as Calcium Citrate) 300 mg
- Iron 7 mg
- Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate) 150 mg
- Zinc (as TRAACS® Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate)†† 10 mg
- Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) 70 mcg
- Manganese (as TRAACS® Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate)†† 1.5 mg
- Chromium (as TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate)†† 100 mcg
- Molybdenum (as TRAACS® Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate)†† 50 mcg
- Sodium 360 mg
- Potassium (as Potassium Citrate) 100 mg
- Proprietary Blend††† 25 g
- Pea Protein Isolate
- Rice Protein
- Glycine†††† 1.65 g
- Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) 1.5 g
- L-Glutamine†††† 500 mg
- L-Lysine (as L-Lysine Monohydrochloride)†††† 500 mg
- Curcumin Phytosome††††† (Curcuma longa extract (root) / Phospholipid complex from Sunflower) 400 mg
- Milk Thistle Extract (fruit) (Silybum marianum) 250 mg
- Taurine†††† 110 mg
- Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) 100 mg
- Grape Seed Phytosome††††† (Vitis vinifera extract / Phospholipid complex) 50 mg
- Green Tea Phytosome††††† (Camellia sinensis extract (leaf) decaffeinated / Phospholipid complex from Sunflower) 50 mg
- Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine) 50 mg
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine†††† 50 mg
- Sulforaphane Glucosinolate (from Broccoli extract (seed) (Brassica oleracea italica))†††††† 30 mg
- Glutathione (Reduced)†††† 25 mg
- Boron (as Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex)††††††† 100 mcg
- Lutein (from Aztec Marigold extract (flower) (Tagetes erecta)) 60 mcg
- Vanadium (as Vanadium Citrate) 50 mcg
Other Ingredients: Cocoa, Evaporated Cane Juice Sugar, Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Yeast Extract, Monk Fruit concentrate (fruit) (Siraitia grosvenorii)††††††††, Silicon Dioxide.
Contains ingredient derived from soy (Grape Seed Phytosome).
†This product uses Gnosis S.p.A.'s L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt (Quatrefolic®). Quatrefolic is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A. ††This product uses Albion's TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate, Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate, Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate, and Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate. TRAACS is a registered trademark of Albion International, Inc. †††VegaLite, Thorne's trade name for proprietary pea / rice protein blend. ††††Added Amino Acids. ††††† This product uses Indena S.p.A.'s green tea phytosome (Greenselect®), grape seed phytosome (Leucoselect®), and curcumin phytosome (Meriva®). Greenselect, Leucoselect, and Meriva are registered trademarks of Indena S.p.A. ††††††The extraction of glucosinolates from cruciferous seeds is protected by U.S. Patent No. 5,725,895. The use of this product is protected by U.S. Patent Nos. 5,968,505 and 5,968,567. is a trademark of Brassica Protection Products LLC. ††††††This product uses Albion's Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex. Bororganic is a trademark of Albion International, Inc. ††††††††This product uses Tate and Lyle's Purefruit Select™ (Monk Fruit concentrate). Purefruit Select is a trademark of Tate and Lyle Ingredients Americas, LLC. Silybum standardized to Silymarin 65%
For adults and children 12 or more years of age. Mix one serving (two scoops) with at least 10 ounces of cold water, juice, rice milk, or nut milk or as recommended by your health-care practitioner. This product is not a medical food. It is intended to be utilized in conjunction with a complete dietary program. Do not use in diets supplying less than 600 calories per day without complete medical supervision.
Servings per container: 21