Vitamin D3 Liquid, 22.5 ml
Pure Encapsulations Vitamin D3 liquid helps maintain healthy muscles, bones, gums and circulation. Vitamin D plays a profound role in regulating the immune system and has been shown to help prevent colon, prostate and breast conditions. Important for cardiovascular, colon and cellular health.
Pure Encapsulations Vitamin D3 liquid supports the following:
- Bone Health: Vitamin D promotes intestinal calcium and phosphorous absorption and reduces urinary calcium loss, essential mechanisms for maintaining proper calcium levels in the body and for healthy bone composition. Clinical studies involving vitamin D supplementation suggest the importance of vitamin D in addition to calcium for bone health. Vitamin D supplementation alone may also support bone health.
- Cardiovascular Support: Vitamin D may also provide cardiovascular support for some individuals, which maybe attributed to its effect on calcium metabolism or possibly by helping to maintain healthy plasma renin function.
- Cellular Health: Studies suggest vitamin D supports colon health by promoting healthy cellular function. Vitamin D is also believed to provide general cellular support potential,including breast and prostate cells, in part by helping to maintain healthy angiogenesis balance, supporting immune cell activity and maintaining healthy cell metabolism. Preliminary evidence suggests that vitamin D may also play a role in maintaining healthy glucose metabolism, since vitamin D receptors are present on the islet cells of the pancreas.
- Vitamin D levels have been shown to decline with age, due primarily to a reduction in either absorption or metabolism by the liver. Decreased exposure to sunlight, a vegetarian diet, or a low intake of vitamin D fortified foods also play a role in inadequate vitamin D levels.
- According to the Vitamin D Council, studies indicate that for proper health, serum vitamin D levels should be a minimum of 50 ng/mL (125 nmol/L), with optimal levels falling between 50-80 ng/mL (125-200 nmol/L). These values apply to both children and adults.
- For individuals with greater short-term needs, this product allows for achieving 25,000-50,000 i.u. vitamin D3 per week without having to take multiple capsules. For the elderly, Vitamin D3 liquid is an easy to use form.
- Vitamin D3 liquid, in a base of medium chain triglycerides, does not require emulsification for absorption.
What Is The Source?
- Vitamin D3 is derived from the cholesterol in lanolin, the fat found in wool.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
- Large doses of vitamin D can cause hypercalcemia, signs include headache, weakness, nausea, vomiting, and constipation. Individuals with hyper para thyroidism or kidney disease are at particular risk.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
- Vitamin D may result in hypercalcemia in certain individuals taking digoxin or thiazide diuretics. Consult your physician for more information.
"Thanks to Premier Pregnenolone, Pure Encapsulations Astaxanthin, Progest-E and vitamin D, my skin is not thick like usual, it has thinned out and is very peachy, very clear. I have never had skin like this!" -J.S., Florida
"To fully understand the wonders vitamin D3 can do for adults, pregnant and nursing women, infants and children, visit www.vitamindcouncil.org and read what Dr. John Cannell, MD has to say. Dr. Cannell is the leading authority and throughout his web site you will find a wealth of information and be able to figure out how much you should be taking. For instance, in the winter months where I live, I will be taking 2000 to 4000 IU per day. And in the summer I won't be taking any. Dr. Cannell is suggesting much higher doses for some people, including nursing mothers. I highly recommend reading his web site." - Timothy Long
Pure Encapsulations Vitamin D3 liquid contains the following:
- Supplement Facts: Serving Size 0.03 ml (1 drop), Servings per Container 810
- Vitamin D 1,000 IU (as cholecalciferol) (D3)
- Other Ingredients: Medium chain triglycerides
- Keep out of reach of children
Caution: Accidental overdose of liquid Vitamin D products can lead to serious adverse side effects in infants. This product is not intended for infants. The recommended daily dose of Vitamin D for infants is 400 IU per day. This product provides 1,000 IU per drop.
Warning: It is recommended that individuals taking more than 2,000 IU of Vitamin D per day have their blood levels monitored. If you are pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before use.
As a dietary supplement, take 1-7 drops daily, with meals, or as directed by a health professional. Store sealed in a cool, dry area.
Product ReviewsWrite Review