Alpha GABA PM by NeuroScience: A researched blend of botanicals and 400 mg of L-theanine shown to induce calming brain waves and naturally improve sleep during times of stress
- GABA is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain.
- GABA is important for calm and sleep
- Amino acid that acts as a glutamate receptor antagonist
- L-theanine has been linked to the generation of alpha brain waves, indicating a state of relaxation
- Hormone important for the regulation of the sleep-wake cycle
- Supplementation with melatonin has been shown to improve the onset of sleep
Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) root extract (Valerenic acids 0.8%) (Micro-encapsulated):
- Both in vitro and in vivo studies demonstrate valerian extracts modulate GABA-A receptors
- Micro-encapsulation reduces valerian root odors
Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) leaf extract:
- Botanical shown to inhibit the enzyme GABA transaminase, which may increase levels of GABA in the brain
- Contains rosmarinic acid, shown to normalize GABA and glutamate activity altered by stress when combined with valarian root.
5-HTP (from Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract):
- 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) crosses the blood-brain barrier and is a precursor to serotonin and melatonin
- Serotonin is important for regulating mood and sleep-wake function
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this or any product. Keep out of the reach of children.
Alpha GABA PM by NeuroScience contains the following:
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings per container: 30
- Proprietary Blend 530 mg mg from: Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) root extract (Valerenic acids 0.8%), Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) leaf extract, 5-hydroxytryptophan (from Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract)
- L-Theanine 400mg
- Melatonin 3mg
Other Ingredients: Vegetable capsule (Hypromellose, water), Maltodextrin, Rice concentrate, and Silica.
Recommended Use: Take 1-2 capsules at bedtime or as directed by your healthcare provider. Do not exceed suggested use.