Niacinamide 90 vcaps
Niacinamide (vitamin B3) by Pure Encapsulations supports energy metabolism, metabolic function and joint comfort. It does not cause the vasodilatation (“flush”) associated with niacin.
Uses For Niacinamide Energy Production:
- Niacinamide is a precursor of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD), essential for oxidationreduction reactions, nutrient metabolism and ATP synthesis.
- Alpha lipoic acid offers additional support for the energy production process.
- Glucose Metabolism: Research indicates that niacinamide may support healthy glucose metabolism and protect pancreatic beta cell function. In a meta-analysis of 10 randomized controlled trials, niacinamide supplementation promoted healthy C-peptide levels, insulin metabolism and beta cell function. In another study, niacinamide helped maintain healthy C-peptide levels and glucose metabolism. Alpha lipoic acid is included to offer synergistic support for healthy glucose balance and metabolic function.
- Joint Function: Niacinamide promotes joint mobility and comfort as well. In a 12-week randomized double blind trial involving 72 subjects, niacinamide provided statistically significant support for joint flexibility and normal inflammatory response.
What Is The Source?
Niacinamide and alpha lipoic acid are synthetic. Hypo-allergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product. There have been reports of GI upset, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, diarrhea, dizziness, drowsiness or headache with large doses of niacinamide. Rarely, niacinamide in doses of 3 grams/day or more has been associated with elevated liver function tests. Consult your physician for more information.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this or any product. Keep out of the reach of children.
Niacinamide by Pure Encapsulations contains the following:
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 90
- niacinamide 500 mg
- alpha lipoic acid (thioctic acid) 50 mg
Other Ingredients: hypoallergenic plant fiber, vegetable capsule
Pure Encapsulations recommends 1–6 capsules daily, in divided doses, with meals.
Product ReviewsWrite Review